Local governments, authorities, and improvement districts have unique issues requiring special expertise. Seter & Vander Wall, P.C. provides comprehensive representation to these entities, ranging from contracting, employment, and public outreach to litigation.
Out representation to local governments, authorities, and improvement districts include:
- Formation (including general improvement districts and business improvement districts)
- Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights (TABOR) compliance
- Taxes (collection, assessment, mill levy certification, audits)
- Election law (debt authorizations, directors, individual elections, coordinated elections, election administration)
- Construction projects (bidding, financing, bonds, fees)
- Meetings (compliance with Title 32 and open meetings laws, qualification of officers and directors)
- Insurance (officer and director policies, liability policies and claims)
- Boundary changes (inclusions and exclusions of property)
- Contracts (employment, construction, independent contractors, consultants)
- Employment law (policies, EEOC and Colorado Civil Rights Division claims)
- Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) compliance
We pride ourselves on the long-lasting partnerships we have built with the entities we represent, counseling them on all the legal and operational matters they face during their lifetimes.